First—do schools even have junior proms anymore? Maybe it’s an Ohio thing.
B—there was not nearly enough of the following in this episode:
Lord Tubbington/Fondue for Two
Jesse St. James, my GAWD I needed at least 45 minutes of the Groff, just to make up for the gaping hole in my heart. (Although I cannot condone his “Matthew-McConaughey-in-Dazed-and-Confused” creepy college guy who trolls the Junior Prom).
Oh yeah—FUCKING WEMMA. I can’t…I simply can’t…I’m sorry, I need a minute…
(This is where I would insert a Wemma cap from the episode…if there was one! As it is, you get sad Don Draper tearing up at Carl and Emmy in “Up”.)
III—there was way too much of the following in this episode:
Gay drama (love ya Klaine, but snoozefest)
Sue being not all that funny (except for the Merkin thing). And Jesus, seeing the three of them in Figgins’ office got me a little teary.
(the original head merkin...)
Rachel/Quinn/Finn. I’m so over it. Sorry, I love all three of you. Please, for the love of all that’s holy, do something interesting.
I guess I miss the whole Delmonico clan, because my 2nd most missed character on Glee is none other than Terri. She’s a whole dish of crazy with a cherry on top, and I love her so much! I’m so excited she’s returning for the Legion of Doom—it’s possible I’ll temporarily lose consciousness when she’s back on my screen.
Really, is there anything better than the Terri fist pump?
I’m starting a regular feature of people who I FUCKING MISS on Glee! My number one, without a doubt, most-missed character:
Oh, Kendra, I miss you more than Rush Limbaugh misses Jim Crow. Your crazy eyes, your Reunite on ice, your hyper ginger-kids. You got the brains AND the beauty, and even though you hate Will, I *heart* you!!
The beautiful Danielle over at wwepw.com (What Would Emma Pillsbury Wear?) is judging a Glee fashion contest put on by plumwillow.com. The grand prize is AUTOGRAPHED photos of cast members, and a $25 gift certificate!!! So kewl…
(try dressing up Kurt, it’s all kinds of awesome…)
I think we’ve discussed my laziness in previous posts (see, I’m too lazy to even link-wtf), so when Emma B kindly offered to write some WTF trivia for me, I literally jumped (well, jumped might be too strong a word…remember? lazy???) at the offer. So here are Emma B’s kick-ass questions on one of my favorite episodes, the Jerri Blank-inspired “Rhodes Not Taken”
(How does he know she doesn’t have panties? These are questions that keep me up at night. And look at his little boots, so cute, omg…okay, okay, I’m done.)
1. What search engine does Will use to research April Rhodes on the internet?
2. What is the name of Will and Terri’s waiter?
3. Which female glee club member is never mentioned as possibly taking over Rachel’s part in “Don’t Stop Believing”?
4. What kind of game night does April usurp with karaoke at the bowling alley?
5. What part did Sandy want to write into Cabaret?
I’m a bit behind on trivia (we may have to shorten this marathon a bit, life is getting in the way of my incessant Gleepeating…) but for now, let’s give a big, sexually-charged-but-still-awkward-Wemma hug to today’s WTF Glee trivia winner, NELDA!
My girl Nelda answered all the Preggers answers correctly! The answers are:
1. Figgins films the support stocking commercial for Mumbai Air.
2. Sue’s Corner is on WOHN (Channel 8). That’s rockin’, Sue!!
3. Sandy’s been collecting creepy, dead-eye dolls since 1961.
4. Sue calls Emma Alma in this episode.
5. Kendra (who I miss so much it causes me physical pain) tells Will that Terri needs Dolemite in the delivery room. Dolemite is some kind of mineral, but it is also the name of a 1970s blaxploitation film with a tough pimp-protagonist. Either answer is acceptable. I’d like to see Will dressed up like a 70’s pimp, though, with those big platform shoes with the goldfish in the heel? Awesome.
Thanks for playing, Nelda, and you are now officially entered to win our grand prize, which is never-ending salad and breadsticks at the Olive Garden!!!
Praise Grilled Cheesus, we have a winner for WTF Glee Trivia, Day 2! It is the lovely Allison!!!
Allison’s name will go in the grand prize drawing for a wheelbarrow full of breadsticks from The Olive Garden!
And the correct answers are:
1. The pamphlets in Emma’s office:
Ouch! That stings—-DIVORCE: why your parents stopped loving you—-I cant stop touching myself—-Radon: the silent killer—-My mom’s bipolar and she wont stop yelling!—-Wow, there’s hair down there!—-So you like throwing up: understanding and overcoming bulimia.
2. Where does Tulip-A-Looza take place? Columbus Convention Center
3. The sign in Sue’s office says Gossip hurts
4. In addition to finding Terri’s bitchy, controlling personality, Dr. Wu’s ultrasound also revealed a chicken wing
5. What ironic phrase does Figgins utter to the children at the pep assembly? "There will be zero tolerance for anyone soiling school grounds. We’re not going to have a repeat of last time."
*I would have also accepted “Silence, Children!” to the auditorium full of…silent children…
Thanks for playing—“Acafella’s” trivia up next! :)
"YOU’RE a WTF Glee Trivia winner…and YOU’RE a WTF Glee trivia winner…"
Nope, actually there’s only *ONE* WTF Glee Trivia winner for today, and that is the lovely…
Yay Emma B…Emma B, hooray!
Emma B expertly answered all the Pilot trivia questions, and she is therefore my new hero. I promised I’d give the class a review, so here goes:
1. Carole’s mullet-headed Emerald Dreams bf was Darren.
2. Artie’s named after one of Brad Falchuk’s HS friends, who was apparently a Karofsky-type that didn’t “get” the artsy-fartsy kids…
3. Will tells Finn that possession (of Sandy’s Chronic Lady stash) is 8/10ths of the law, when we all know that possession is 9/10th of the law. Momentarily stunned by his own sex-ay, Will loses 8/10th of an IQ point and lets forth with this embarrassing gaffe.
4. Of course, FInchel’s first duet is the not-at-all-awkward "You’re The One That I Want" from Grease.
5. This stumped a few of you. In an unaired scene from the Pilot, Will has a voice-over in the “Can’t Fight This Feeling” shower scene where he mentions that he [airquote] accidentally [/airquote] ran over Terri’s yippy dog on prom night. So unlike Will. Glad they cut it.
Emma B’s name will go in the hat for the grand prize, which is dinner for two at Breadstix Olive Garden! (nomnomnom)…
Stay tuned, the Showmance quiz will be posted momentarily!
Ok, this isn’t as tough as I wanted it to be. And I might have been talking out of my ass when I said all the questions were “never before seen”. Give me a break, it’s late.
1. What is the name of Carole’s “Emerald Dreams” boyfriend?
2. Artie is named after which Glee writer’s real-life high school friend?
3. What idiomatic mistake does Will make when he’s blackmailing Finn to join the Glee Club?
4. What’s the first song that Rachel and Finn sing together?
5. What unspeakable act does Will commit in the unaired Pilot episode? Hint: It happens the night he takes Terri to prom.
Good luck, gleeks! Entries accepted until I post the next quiz…
Okay, so Glee comes back on February 6th, and I got a CRAZY hair to start the first annual WTF GLEE TRIVIA game, because I’m easily bored. And because I want a reason to re-watch all the episodes, especially the earlier ones before they kinda sorta started getting lame…
but I digress…
Here’s how we’re rolling:
1. I’m gonna get out my bag of Sour Cream & Onion Baked Lay’s and watch ALL the episodes again (even the painful ones). One day at a time. Like a loooong course of antibiotics for a particularly virulent strain of STD. Or something like that.
2. Each day I will post 5 incredibly difficult, never-before-seen trivia questions, that only the most avid of GLeeks will be able to answer.
3. You fabulous WTF’ers will submit your answers. I will randomly select each day’s winner from the batch of correct answers.
4. Each day’s winner will receive a ridiculously flattering shout-out, and absolutely nothing else.
5. At the end of the 31 days of pleasure/pain/show tune overload, I will randomly select a GRAND PRIZE winner from the list of daily winners. What will that person win, you might be inclined to ask?
Dinner for two at the real-life answer to Breadstix, The Olive Garden!
** Should the winner live in an area without an Olive Garden, 1) bless their heart, and 2) I’ll come up with an equally cheesy restaurant in his/her area.
So stay tuned…I’mma go get my Pilot on, and I’ll be back soon with the first round of questions!
Octogenarean Rachel. Somehow it pleases me that Rachel ends up with a cane.
Don’t cry for me, Rachel Berry…balcony is total cheezy win!
And now, for the things I *didn’t* like about Special Education:
Post-ball kick. Really, I’m thinking my heart cannot break anymore for my bb. But NO, how FUCKING WRONG AM I!?!?!
Really, Emma? REALLY!?! I don’t know if I’m more disappointed with the fact that you married such a douchebag (srsly, I’d prefer that you marry Ken), or the way you VERBALLY BITCH-SLAPPED WILL WITH THE NEWS! BB brought his trophy to show you, and you throw that nasty ring in his face. SHAME, Emma…SHAME ON YOU!